Saturday, September 15, 2007

The meaning..

I search for meaning...but I find none
I scan the bottoms of the oceans....I scrounge all places under the sun....
But the meaning eludes me...what life means I still know not
It haunts my mind....its a painful thought...
But even after so much introspection....what life means I still know not

I know that I search for meaning...but what that is I know not
I got all that I wanted.....but what I needed...I never got
I had love, I had friends, I had family....but still the meaning of life I sought
One day I want to know it
One day I want to comprehend
One day I want to know the answer
One day I want my quest to end

But I know that though I know a lot
What life means I still know not...

Written when I was soooo lonely that I almost laughed to death [laughed at my misfortune that is].......for those interested, that "when" was today morning...

6 comments:

  1. i went thru almost all ur poems, bt this one is the best....

    i had faced this condition too n i too wrote poems bt none as good as this one...

    GD Luck...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem is good, but too abstract.Kinda makes me feel like you made it so abstract, that even YOU dont know what youre writing about.Correct me if I'm wrong, I just wanted to tell you what I feel about the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, good one...... i bet early morning is the best tym 2 write. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. u know at times.... i really feel m seraching something?....i cant explain coz its to deep n dark inside me... i can relate to this piece of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Abhii and Xorkes
    Thank you

    @ Anaghaa
    You are right. I really don't know what I am searching for and THAT is why it eludes me and hence, the poem. Do you get the point?

    @ Shraddha
    You are WRITE

    ReplyDelete