Monday, August 27, 2007

My Mind - The Barrier

My mind destroys my resolve
It stirs a storm in the halls of my heart
I could have blown mountains with my breath
Only my mind did not let me start

I sought to fly high in the sky
Though wind was mocking, yet my wings drew nigh
But then my mind let out a sigh..
And I knew that instant....I wouldn't fly
The courage I had to shed blood and slay
I wished that my crusade could last all day
"How strong he is" I heard people say
But then at the corner, I heard my mind neigh
"Though thou art strong thou art still made of clay..
Don't orphan your children, let them grow let them play.."

And then I lost my strength and vigour
To survive became my ambition, to live, my only rigour..

I loved to swim the violent seas..
To tame the wildest jungles and do as I please..
And then my mind tamed me one day...
I could not revolt as I had nothing to say

My mind was thinking to make me live
But in return for life, my freedom I had to give..
Then all of a sudden my subdued heart gave a cry..
So I killed my apprehensions and aimed for the sky...
Today there is nothing that I am afraid to try...
I live life as if tomorrow I may die..

Someone asked me if my mind was acting as a barrier to my thoughts and expression......this was my reply....

2 comments:

  1. NICE.... NEWAYS WHO WAS THAT?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know.
    Someone on Orkut I guess.

    ReplyDelete