Monday, April 21, 2008

And It Rained

As I see the dark clouds lining
I make a wish and pray
That it wouldn't rain and spoil the sunshine streaking
Through the clouds today
And like the thousand others I make, I knew
This wish wouldn't come true
But its just the wishing, praying and hoping
That a helpless me could do
So I just kept staring bravely
Out into the blue
Thinking why the storm has to always come
Without a single clue
But storms do come
Just like rainy days in life
So I fill my heart with the cheer of raindrops
In my days of strife
And then I build some paper boats
To sail through the floods that come
But I never venture out in the cold
For my fingers go numb
So I drop my boats out the window
And set them on their way
I know that the cruel torrent won't ever,
Let them go astray
I watch as my boats twist and turn
Trying not to come undone
But slowly, all of them perish, like my dreams
Sinking one by one
I know I can't take it anymore
I really want to break free...
But the shackles of my tamed existence
Keep tugging at me
As it rains outside, my heart spills a tear
But I quietly wipe my eye
My eyes are sore, so just for once today,
I will let the heavens cry


Inspired by Bob Dylan

6 comments:

  1. hmmmmmm......can I explain howww much I loove this poem......I really think I can't.....amazing connection I have wid this piece!!isn't it a wonder?well...ofcourse it is....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, THIS is your best poem.Absolutely brilliant.I would like to say that the title is the best part.Get some GOOD people to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Deepjyoti
    Its not a wonder, considering the fact that you love rains so much!

    @ Anaghaa
    What do you mean by GOOD people?

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometime else,man...sometime else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! You have that enviable ability of giving people the 'goosebumps'
    I'm going green :P (so are my goosebumps!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anaghaa
    Why not now?

    @Nidhi
    You are turning green and I am turning red now

    ReplyDelete