Friday, August 25, 2006

Mystic

It is that sinister time again
Darker than darkness night arrives,
In its melancholous splendour over the plains
The silhoutted memory of light and joy
The sweet fields and stalks of grain
Now marooned in gloom, a sombre sense employ.
The sound of silence fills my ears
And my heart swells with unfound fears.
What fiend lurks these murky hours?
What haunts the lands in the light of stars?
Do I imagine or is it true?
In the darkness of hours what secrets brew?
I can hear blood thirsty beasts bay,
A feverish quiver makes me lust for day,
But mysteries of night will never die,
Though someday I surely may...

I had just read "Hound of the Baskervilles" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, the description of the plot in the Novel was so graphic that I instantly got up and had to write this....It haunted me for another two days!

1 comment: